Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Another Day


The morning was a challenge as my daughter was super-slow getting awake, then slow getting up, slow to eat breakfast, slow to get dressed. All that makes me frustrated because...1) I don’t want her to make her brother late for school 2) I don’t want her to make me late for work. I managed my frustrations, and we made it through our morning routine ok.
The evening was a bit the same - some frustrations around juggling 2 sets of homework, other kids’ demands, prepare dinner - but I managed ok without raising my voice, even had some nice interactions.

However, as i’m ‘managing’ my frustrations, I could feel myself packing those away to be dealt with later - a reservoir of frustration centred around my daughter, ready to let her have it later... I’m postponing my anger - not just postponing... stockpiling anger to let her have it all in one big hit sometime later, probably the weekend. How do I stop doing that?

Conversations from yesterday suggest I need some alternative outlet for frustrations - MRS suggested physical activity - it could help.