Thursday, May 16, 2019

Wednesday

Wednesday was a mixed day dealing with rage.
The slow getting-ready-for-school procedure had me feeling tense but I didn’t express it. I began to think of ways to help my daughter get quicker at her morning tasks. I worked today on a schedule on a chart that I can put up around the house showing when she needs to get each task finished. That kind of thing was helpful for my son last year (for a short time anyway). I could buy a digital clock to match the time format on the chart - it can hang in her room.

When I felt myself getting tense, I took myself outside and I ran down the road - in order to burn away some of that physical sensation of aggression. I don’t think it worked. It only got my blood pumping and agitated to get moving. I returned to the same plodding- slowness as I left and made me even more agitated. Also I may have hurt my knees doing it.

At any rate, I didn’t express any of it in a raised voice (no, I bottled it up, ready for an explosion later).