I was dreading it but I guess it was less brutal than I expected. She asked me all the probing questions to try to find out about who I am, how I'm broken and if the program is going to be a good fit and worthwhile for me.
Some of the things were reasonably easy for me to answer - because I've been reflecting on them for some weeks now, via this blog - so its been a good thing for me to do, to enable me to articulate what I want to say in those situations. Some questions were harder because I didn't have answers, I hadn't thought about them as much before now.
- You get frustrated with your wife, yes? Over parenting but what else? Her anxieties...
- How have you tried to make yourself different from your dad? Parenting is one, but others...?
- What else do you do to alleviate frustration? What strategies do you have apart from yelling at the kids? (this same answerless question came up in the conversation with MRS).
- Describe the effect of your violent anger on your daughter. And on your son..?
- What other questions were hard to answer?